Senior Structural Engineer - Team Leader
Primary Location: Auckland
Job No: AKL/SEM/170118
We have an immediate requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer/Team Leader to support our amazing, talented, productive, diverse, multinational team. Based in our Auckland office, you will report directly to the Senior Management Team and have not only the opportunity to utilise your extensive technical skills but also assist in growing Cook Costello’s business.
As a Senior Structural Engineer/Team Leader, you will:
- Build and maintain long term relationships. The people you have with you are the key to success and as such you will be expected to positively influence and grow your local team while recognising the national resources and supporting the priorities of the company.
- Enhance and drive overall performance of the Auckland office while supporting the national requirements of the company. You will support the delivery of commercial, industrial and residential projects including pricing and tendering for work and managing projects from start to finish.
- Help grow the business by utilizing your network of contacts to develop new business relationships and win new contracts.
- Deliver high quality, structural engineering designs within budget and timeframes.
- Thoroughly review the reports of your peers and junior staff as required.
- See projects from conception to completion by liaising with clients, stakeholders, planners, architects, surveyors and engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and you will be expected to deliver assigned work within budget and timeframes
Cook Costello expects that you will undertake your duties accordingly as per the Code of Ethical Conduct Engineering New Zealand and with a mind-set of best practice.
- Prior work experience in New Zealand at a senior level (at least 3-4 years)
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering, NZDE or BEngTech at a New Zealand tertiary institute and a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Respected as a leader internally and externally by staff and clients and within the engineering profession.
- Makes prompt and appropriate decisions while demonstrating effective delegation.
- Assigns clear authority and accountability.
- Anticipates and responds quickly and appropriately to customers and staff needs, enquiries and issues.
- With the support the HR you are comfortable and capable of being involved with recruitment selection and management of the team.
- You engage with staff in a way that is consistent with our company values of a positive team culture.
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
We are passionate about creating amazing environments not just for our clients but also for our staff. We pride ourselves on maintaining an upbeat, well cared for team. If you are passionate about engineering and mentoring you may be the super star we are looking for.
If you would like to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multi-disciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position.