Intermediate Structural Engineer
Primary Location: Wellington
Job No: WLG/ISE/140318
We have an immediate requirement for Intermediate Structural Engineers to join our immensely talented Wellington office in the heart of the CBD. If you are looking to gain high level mentoring in the structural field while also working on and delivering numerous projects as a key member of our structural team, this is definitely the role for you. You will be working alongside young, driven engineers who are making waves in the Wellington structural market. The opportunity to gain experience in other disciplines is also provided and encouraged.
About the role
As a Structural Engineer within our multi-disciplinary consultancy you will:
- Deliver high quality, structural engineering designs within budget and timeframes.
- Thoroughly review the reports of your peers and junior staff as required.
- See projects from conception to completion by liaising with clients, stakeholders, planners, architects, surveyors and engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to other staff, team members and clients.
- Act as a key member of our team of structural engineers.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 – 4 years' prior work experience in New Zealand
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering (Civil or Structural)
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards
- Seismic knowledge useful but not essential
- Prior experience in residential, commercial and temporary works design
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks holiday
- Twice yearly wellness contributions
- Social events and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance in a flexible office environment
- Support for ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to help grow a talented structural team with local and national support
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range of projects (residential and commercial) and experiences through our different disciplines
- The opportunity to travel between our Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Whangarei offices
We are passionate about creating amazing environments not just for our clients but also for our staff. We pride ourselves on maintaining an upbeat, well cared for team. If you are passionate about engineering you may be the super star we are looking for.
So if you are available to start soon and want to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multidisciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position.