Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer
We have an immediate requirement for an Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer to join our immensely talented Wellington office in the heart of the CBD. You will be working alongside young, driven engineers with some fantastic projects and opportunities to make a significant contribution to the team and the business. The opportunity to gain experience working with other disciplines is also provided and encouraged.
About the role
As a Civil Engineer within our multi-disciplinary consultancy you will:
- Deliver high quality, civil engineering designs within budget and timeframes.
- Thoroughly review the reports of your peers and junior staff as required.
- See projects from conception to completion by liaising with clients, stakeholders, planners, architects, surveyors and engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to other staff, team members and clients.
- Act as a key member of our team of Civil engineers.
Skills and experience
- At least 3 – 4 years' prior work experience in New Zealand
- A minimum of 4 years work experience. Land development experience would be preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering, NZDE or BEngTech at a New Zealand tertiary institute or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards
- Design experience utilising 12d is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Experience with NZ3910 contract documents and construction observation experience
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct
Benefits and perks
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
If you would like to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multi-disciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position