Graduate Engineer - Civil
Primary Location: Whangarei
Job No: WHG/GE/211217
We have an immediate requirement for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our immensely talented Whangarei office. If you are looking to gain high level mentoring while also working on and delivering numerous projects as a key member of our team, this is definitely the role for you. The opportunity to gain experience in other disciplines is also provided.
As a Graduate Engineer within a multi-disciplinary consultancy you will:
- Deliver assigned work within budget and timeframes.
- Act as a key member of our team of engineers and surveyors. Your ability to communicate and to ask questions will be vital to your success in these the early years of your engineering career.
- All your work must be reviewed and signed off by a Senior Engineer.
Skills and Experience
- Prior work experience in New Zealand
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at a New Zealand tertiary institute
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards would be beneficial
- Seismic knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
So if you are available to start soon and want to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multidisciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position