Senior Structural Engineer (CPEng)
Primary Location: Christchurch
Job No: CHC/SSE/010318
We have an immediate requirement for a Chartered Senior Structural Engineer to support our amazing, talented, productive, diverse, multinational team. Based in our Christchurch office, you will have not only the opportunity to utilise your extensive technical skills but also assist in growing Cook Costello’s business.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will:
- Build and maintain long term relationships. The people you have with you are the key to success and as such you will be expected to positively influence and grow your local team while recognising the national resources and supporting the priorities of the company.
- Help grow the business by utilizing your network of contacts to develop new business relationships and win new contracts.
- Deliver high quality, structural engineering designs within budget and timeframes.
- Thoroughly review the reports of your peers and junior staff as required.
- See projects from conception to completion by liaising with clients, stakeholders, planners, architects, surveyors and engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and you will be expected to deliver assigned work within budget and timeframes
Cook Costello expects that you will undertake your duties accordingly as per the Code of Ethical Conduct Engineering New Zealand and with a mind-set of best practice.
- Anticipates and responds quickly and appropriately to customers and staff needs, enquiries and issues.
- With the support the HR you are comfortable and capable of being involved with recruitment selection and management of the team.
- You engage with staff in a way that is consistent with our company values of a positive team culture.
- It is expected that you will promote an environment that acknowledges and celebrates success and recognises the importance of each individual’s role in their families and support systems.
- Prior work experience in New Zealand (at least 3-4 years)
- Prior experience working at a senior level
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering, NZDE or BEngTech at a New Zealand tertiary institute.
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards.
- Seismic knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software.
- Be able to work accurately and independently whilst managing your time to meet due dates, as well as being able to lead and drive a team to deliver projects.
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects.
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct.
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
If you would like to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multi-disciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to Amy at email@example.com
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position