Senior Structural Engineer (CPEng)
Primary Location: Christchurch
Job No: CHC001CS
We have an immediate requirement for a CPEng Structural Engineer to support our amazing, talented, productive, diverse, multinational team of Intermediate and Graduate Engineers. Based in our Christchurch office your role will be focused on building the necessary skills for our structural team in order to collaboratively work with our clients and our architectural, civil and geotechnical teams. The ideal candidate should be able to articulate a vision for the development of our structural team and the growth of our company in general.
Cook Costello is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy firm founded more than 40 years ago in Whangarei, New Zealand. Since then, we have expanded across both islands, now having offices in Whangarei, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. We pride ourselves on the quality each person brings to our team and are always keen to hear from outstanding individuals to add to our growing, innovative, multidisciplinary firm.
Cook Costello has been the main consultancy provider to insurance companies during the Christchurch rebuild after the Canterbury Earthquake Sequence. Between 2010 and 2016 Cook Costello has delivered more than 6,000 structural and geotechnical reports.
- Tertiary qualification with CPEng (IPENZ)
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards
- Seismic knowledge
- Strong report writing
- Mentoring and Continuous Professional Development
- Prior experience working at a Senior level
- Be able to work accurately and independently whilst managing your time to meet due dates, as well as being able to lead and drive a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with IPENZ Code of Conduct
Join our 70 staff members from 13 countries in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Architecture and architectural design
- Project management
- Land development
- Earthquake assessments and strengthening of commercial and private buildings
Rewards and Benefits
- Fantastic benefits, wellness contributions, social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance.
- Support for ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to grow a structural team with local and national support
- The opportunity to be involved with a range of projects (residential and commercial) and experiences though our different disciplines
- The opportunity to travel between our Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Whangarei offices
We are passionate about creating amazing environments not just for our clients but also for our staff. We pride ourselves on maintaining an upbeat, well cared for team. If you are passionate about engineering and mentoring you may be the super star we are looking for.
So if you are available to start soon and want to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multidisciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be eligible to work in New Zealand