Graduate Engineer - Geotechnical
Primary Location: Whangarei
We have an immediate requirement for a Graduate Geotechnical/Civil Engineer to join our immensely talented Whangarei office. If you are looking to gain high level mentoring while also working on and delivering numerous projects as a key member of our team, this is definitely the role for you. The opportunity to gain experience in other disciplines is also provided.
As a Graduate Engineer within our multidisciplinary consultancy you will:
- Undertake geotechnical site investigations, analysis and reporting to define design parameters as well as outline geotechnical issues with a site to inform future development.
- Work alongside surveyors, civil and structural engineers to produce effective solutions for our clients that are on time and on budget.
- Work under the guidance of senior engineers and engineering geologists who will provide advice and mentoring to grow your skill as a geo-professional.
Skills and Experience
- Prior work experience in New Zealand would be beneficial.
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, and prior experience with engineering computer software.
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates.
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects.
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
So if you are available to start soon and want to be an integral part of a growing, innovative multidisciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work or residency visa to be considered for this position